As of 2021, Monster Energy comes close to toppling Red Bull off its first place as the leading energy brand in the United States, with $3,236.28 million annual sales to Red Bull’s $3,259.91 million yearly sales. Have you ever wondered what size cans this “meanest energy drink on the planet” comes in?
Primarily sold in 16-ounce cans that are 6.9 inches tall and 2.45 inches in diameter like most energy drinks, Monster Energy can also be bought in a variety of can sizes, from 10.5-ounce to 32-ounce cans.
This guide details Monster Energy’s sizes and dimensions, flavors, zero sugar version, and nutritional value.
Monster Energy Can Sizes and Dimensions
Monster Energy is available in 7 can sizes, with their dimensions detailed below. Sizes are expressed in terms of volume weight of fluid ounces:
Can Size Height Diameter
(fl. oz.) (inches) (inches)
10.5 5.05 2.02
12.0 6.12 2.25
15.0 5.90 2.61
16.0 6.90 2.45
18.6 6.61 2.60
24.0 8.46 2.87
32.0 7.60 3.29
Monster Energy Flavors
Dig it – Monster Energy has 59 flavors! They come in 8 different beverage types that cater to different tastes:
1. Monster Energy
Classic Monster Energy flavors have a sweet-and-slightly-salty profile, in 8 different flavors:
- Monster Energy Original
- Zero-Sugar (with a Citrus Twist)
- Reserve Watermelon
- Reserve White Pineapple
- Nitro Super Dry (Citrus with a light and dry texture similar to fine champagne)
- Assault (Bourbon Cola with Monster)
- Import (Super Premium Euro flavor)
2. Monster Ultra
Monster Ultra has 12 different zero-sugar flavors with caffeine:
- Zero Ultra (Light Refreshing Citrus)
- Ultra Blue (Light Citrus and Berry)
- Ultra Red (Crisp and Refreshing Mixed Berry)
- Ultra Sunrise (Light and Crisp Citrus and Orange)
- Ultra Black (Crisp and Refreshing Black Cherry)
- Ultra Violet (Light Citrus and Grape)
- Ultra Paradise (Kiwi Lime with a hint of Cucumber)
- Ultra Fiesta Mango (Cool Mango)
- Ultra Rosa (Bright and Sweet flavor profile)
- Ultra Watermelon (Refreshing Watermelon)
- Ultra Gold (Refreshing Golden Pineapple)
- Ultra Peachy Keen (Refreshing Peach)
3. Java Monster
Java Monster has 12 different coffee-flavored energy drinks without the foam and steam:
- Mean Bean (Vanilla Bean)
- Loca Moca (Chocolate Mocha)
- Kona Blend (Dark Roasted Kona Coffee)
- Irish Blend (Non-alcoholic Irish Coffee)
- Vanilla Light (Vanilla Bean)
- Salted Caramel (Sweet and Savory Salted Caramel)
- Swiss Chocolate (Sweet and Savory Swiss Chocolate)
- Farmers’ Oats (Oatmeal Cookie, notes of Cinnamon, Vanilla, and Brown Sugar)
- Java Monster 300/Triple-Shot Mocha (Rich Chocolate with Robust Brewed Coffee)
- Java Monster 300/Triple-Shot French Vanilla (Vanilla notes, Caramelized and Custard-like)
- Cold Brew Latte (Medium Roast Full-Bodied Flavor with zero-added sugar, a touch of sweetness and reduced fat milk)
- Cold Brew Sweet Black (Medium Roast Full-Bodied Flavor with zero-added sugar and a touch of sweetness)
4. Juice Monster
Juice Monster has 6 different juice flavors combined with the Monster Energy classic flavor profile:
- Pipeline Punch (Passion Fruit, Orange, Guava)
- Mango Loco (Juicy Mango)
- Pacific Punch (Classic Fruit Punch)
- Khaotic (Orange Citrus)
- Papillon (Peach and Nectarine)
- Aussie-style Lemonade (Exotic Lemonade)
5. Monster Hydro
Monster Hydro has 9 different flavors with electrolytes (Na+K+Ca+Mg), 160 mg. caffeine, BCAAs (Branched Chain Amino Acids), and B vitamins for advanced hydration:
- Watermelon (Refreshing Watermelon)
- Zero Sugar/ Hydro White (Fantasy Fruit)
- Blue Ice (Blue Raspberry)
- Purple Passion (Concord Grape)
- Tropical Thunder (Refreshing Orange Pineapple)
- Hydro Super Sport Red Dawg (Citrus Dragonfruit)
- Hydro Super Sport Blue Streak (Mixed Berry and Melon Citrus)
- Hydro Super Sport Killer Kiwi (Juicy Kiwi)
- Hydro Super Sport Macho Mango
6. Rehab Monster
Rehab Monster as 6 different flavors, with electrolytes (Na+K+Ca+Mg), vitamins B3+B5+B6+B12, botanicals (Milk Thistle, Quercetin), 150mg caffeine, and is non-carbonated:
- Rehab Raspberry Tea (Brewed Raspberry Tea)
- Rehab Peach Tea (Brewed Peach Tea)
- Rehab Orangeade (Brewed Tea and Orange)
- Rehab Tea + Lemonade (Brewed Tea and Lemonade)
- Rehab Strawberry Lemonade (Strawberry Lemonade)
- Rehab Watermelon (Juicy Watermelon)
7. Dragon Iced Tea
Dragon Iced Team comes in 4 caffeinated flavors:
- Green Tea (Brewed Green Tea)
- Lemon Tea (Black Tea with Lemon Citrus)
- Peach (Brewed Tea with Juicy Peach)
- Raspberry (Brewed Tea with Fresh Raspberry)
8. Muscle Monster Energy Shake
Muscle Monster Energy Shake comes in 2 flavors, with 27g. of protein added to help build lean body mass and aid in muscle recovery after a heavy workout.
Monster Energy Zero Sugar
Originally called Absolutely Zero which has since been phased out in most markets in the world, Monster Energy Zero Sugar is a sugar-free, 10-calorie energy drink from Monster Beverages.
It has a slightly different energy blend than the classic Monster Energy, with less caffeine at 140 mg per 16 fl. oz. can, but still high caffeine strength.
It’s very similar to the Monster Ultra zero-sugar but Monster Energy Zero Sugar tastes more like the classic Monster Energy sweet-and-slightly-salty flavor profile than Monster Ultra’s citrus and fruity flavor profile.
There is also Monster Lo-Carb, a very low-sugar drink, with a similar flavor to classic Monster Energy.
Monster Energy Nutritional Value
A standard 16-oz. can of classic Monster Energy contains:
- 191 calories
- 163.3 mg caffeine
- 43g sugar (86% of Daily Value/DV)
- 45g carbohydrates (16% DV)
- 77mg sodium (3% DV)
- 3.778 mg Vitamin B6 (222% DV)
- 11.35 mcg Vitamin B12 (472% DV)
However, the sugar and caffeine content can vary among the different Monster Energy product lines. For example, while Juice Monster contains 160mg of caffeine per 16-ounce can, Java Monster contains only 100mg of caffeine.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) states that adults should limit their daily caffeine intake to only 400 mg a day and children to not more than 100 mg a day. This would be equivalent to around 2.5 standard 16-ounce cans of Monster Energy for adults and not advisable at all for kids.
Energy drinks, like Red Bull, belong to the non-alcoholic beverage category. They are defined as functional beverages that aim to boost physical and mental energy. As stimulants, they contain caffeine, taurine, vitamins, and some sweeteners.
Most people tend to perceive energy drinks as performance enhancers because of the caffeine, but this is only partly true. The real energy boosters are taurine and L-carnitine which are amino acids that boost metabolism and stimulate the nervous system. They don’t necessarily make you feel refreshed. The energy boost is temporary and the crash after the stimulation can be severe.
According to studies, energy drinks can help people function when they’re tired, but decreases in sleep quality have also been observed among these people following energy drink use. Although energy drinks can reduce mental fatigue and improve memory, concentration, and reaction time temporarily, they can also cause heart and other health-related problems permanently.
So, proceed with care and don’t get taken in by all the marketing hype.
- What Size is Regular Printer Paper? Quick Guide for Paper Dimensions - June 18, 2023
- What Size is My Monitor: A Comprehensive Guide - June 18, 2023
- How Big is Italy Compared to the US? A Concise Comparison - June 16, 2023